06 March, 2007

Class 1 Memorial Toilet

The provisions for the Class 1 Memorial Toilet came today-- the results of much work writing proposals, buying shit in town and basically learning about what it takes to do a long term project. Here we are showing the stuff off-- we have Nehneh, E-e, Moe, Mow, Yoom, Morn, Prae and Rosy crammed around the pipe, roof, tank and toilet that will soon grace our campus. Oh yeah, and that's me in the back but you probably guessed that. No, I am not standing on anything. The girls are just really that short.

After this excitement I just needed to get away and calm down so I took Chopper for his first long ride (with me, anyway.) Chopper is my new bike, see below. It's a lot different from riding Zelda-- he has gears that are manipulated with my foot and the most scary part is the foot brake. This is scary for me because I am so used to hand brakes after 31 years of riding bikes and scooters-- I just know that my panic reaction will be to grip the hand brake which has about a tenth of the stopping power of the foot. But I practiced for about an hour and I think that I am getting the hang of it. There is a 20k road leading to the school (this is why I needed a bike) that was made for a motorbike. It's full of twists and turns and the most beautiful scenery that you can imagine. Thailand was made for two wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment