09 January, 2010

Home Health Haikus

I work as a Home Health nurse while I am getting through the end of nursing school. During an twelve hour overnight job, I wrote the following haikus whilst trying to stay awake at 3AM which I feel are a rather poignet insight into my character:

The focused student
Learn! Because after the test
She'll forget this crap

Red roses in a vase
Starting to wilt and show age
What a waste of cash

Oh stupid black dog
Wake up the patient again
And YOU'LL need a nurse

Warm heater air blows
I drape my shirt on your vent
Oh such warm buttocks

Dumb empty Coke bottle
Laughing at my exhaustion
Laugh in the trash can

(This one is a bit darker, but keep in mind it was three in the morning:)
Diligent nurse
Watches her patient all night
"Just die! I want sleep"

No comments:

Post a Comment