10 April, 2011

Brandenburg Concerto No. 4 in G major


Well, here it is.  Andante from Brandenburg Concerto No. 4 in G major, performed on 4/6/2011 at Classical Revolution PDX.  It's good that I can record this as I am able to hear that I really need to work on pitch, although the other flute isn't much better, which tells me that a) I am coming along well when copared to a more professional student and b) we didn't tune well and c) the recording equiptment didn't have the best sound.  (This ws a cell phone video that Kazu took, which is why it is so bloody dark!)

We actually performed this without a rehersal (which would have been very helpful) and down a flute.  That violinist stepped in at the last minute.  Finally, Kristin (the player on the right of me) pointed out that the peice was actually more difficult due to the numerous long tones, and suggested that a piece with shorter tones would be easier, as we don't have to sync up the pitch so much.

My flute teacher tells me that I need to keep my fingers down, and this picture illistrates her point well...


Still, it was a lot of fun and I can't wait to perform again!

No comments:

Post a Comment