06 September, 2006

Happy Labour Day!

Yet another holiday that isn't celebrated here... I didn't even remember about it until my friend from South Africa reminded me... I am not even sure what day it was (Monday, right?)

I am not going to be working at the Gas Company next term, they are bringing me back to MALI. This is a good thing because it means that eventually I will be able to work in Mukulla-- the capital of Hadramount, one of the more rural areas of Yemen, where I think that I will be able to pick up Arabic a lot more quickly and learn a lot more about the culture. I have been teaching one class from 6:30-8:30 at MALI, and the MALI students are a lot different. They aren't so bright as the students here, but they are more diverse and come from many different backgrounds and situations. Plus, I have a few women in my class!

Other then that, I am actually feeling a little depressed and lonely so please write me and cheer me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment