02 September, 2006

It's the Term That Never Ends!

This is the term that never ends
Yes, it goes on and on, my friends
Some people started teaching it not knowing what it was,
And they'll go on and on a'teaching it forever just because
This is the term that never ends
Yes, it goes on and on, my friends...

This term has been extended for yet another week due to the upcoming elections. This is the second time that this has happened, I should be on break by now. I guess that I really don't mind teaching it, but if I read one more bloody article on Gas and Oil I am really going to lose it.

Here is a sample of what I am having to read 45 copies of every other night:

Distallation or pick of oil and gas is a complex operation includes: rifining, distillation and distribution. After finishing the well which exsits at the oil and gas field and contains crude oil or natural gas, that have to pumped to plant of process by using a huge pumps that have a different characteristics to pump the hydrocarbons from the well...

After two hours of this I was nearly in tears.

I actually caught a plagiarist today and I got really excited tracking him down on Google. He was pretty slick because he didn't just lift it from one paper but rather from a bunch of different sources off the web. It was the most exciting thing that happened after reading 45 paragraphs on the oil and gas industry that I almost felt bad turning the essay into administration, considering that the student brought me my only bright spot of the day.

And the winner for the worst paragraph in the class is this masterpiece:

Oil Field Development

The oil and gas is very important to use in our live and we take oil and gas from field on from under ground to our plant and do many process for oil and gas to separate energy from another one and take that fuel to used take the natural oil to used as fuel and use the gas as fuel for transportation and as fuel for factory in the generating.

I would point out that there isn't a topic sentence nor is there a concluding sentence or supporting arguments due to the fact that the entire paragraph is, in fact, one sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment