19 October, 2006

FIP, Becky

(FIP: Fly in Peace)

Well, my housemate Becky leaving just me and Sonia (which I am very happy about, Sonia). She left last night and we had a tearly evening farewell at the guesthouse gate. About two hours later we got a call from same saying that her flight was cancelled and that she was coming back, which was made even more inconvient by the fact that I was about half finished moving into her room. Anyway, they managed to get her on another flight today and it looks like everything is a go.

My two week break has been a bit of a bust. I had plans to go to Taiz, Kokoban, Marib, Ibb, Shahara and a frew other places but one by one each plan was shot down. The family that was supposed to take me to Taiz had a "family emergency" and the person I was supposed to go to Shahara with ran out fo cash... blah, blah, blah. I am going to try to escape next week but that is a bad time because it's going to be Eid.

Gives me time to catch up in my grading. One of my students, in a paragraph where he was to describe himself, wrote: "I am handsome man. I am black hair and I in gray shirt, brown shoes and black panties."

He meant pants. I hope he meant pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment