05 December, 2006

The Yemeni Bridget Jones

A piece of advice: don't EVER shag your boss, no matter how lonely or desperate you might be.

At the time I figured that I could handle it. If things went wrong-- sure it would be uncomfortable but not unbearable. I've gotten along okay with my other ex'es.

But what I didn't forsee is the situation where HIS boss calls him into the office to ask if they should promote me to be his assistant. He has two possible answers: “No, because we used to sleep together” or “No, I don't think that she would be a good fit.” One way makes us both look bad and the other way just makes me look bad. So, all my hard work and long hours flushed down the toilet. So, if you are going to shag your boss, at least make sure that your boss has a shred of integrity first.

The only good thing that I got out of the relationship is that he walked off with my scale so I have stopped obsessing about my weight.

So the bad news is that I am being pushed out of MALI but the good news is that I have been accepted into a really exciting program that allows me to work in Thailand with refugees from Burma. It's a volunteer program that recruits English teachers, something that I feel confident enough to call myself now. Plus it is volunteer with only accommodations provided.

It will be nice to get away from the money market for a while. The boss is a really nice woman, which is more good news because that means I should be able to avoid getting myself back into this recent mess.

Unless I decide to go back to women again.

Which I might just do.

No comments:

Post a Comment