04 January, 2007

OK, So I lied

Ok, so the last post wasn't actually the last post from Yemen, you get one more. Who'd have thought that the Yemen International Airport would have free internet access and I have about two hours to spare.

So for your enjoyment, here is one of the last pictures of me and Sonia together, taken with a camera cell phone which emplains the quality. The guest house went for rather boring to very boring when the cable went out with 2006, and so we were forced to go to Derrik's to watch TV. Afterwards we had a send-off at the Hawaii club so that I could smoke my last shesha.

As for my trip, so far so good. Although I was overweight by about 19 kgs, they didn't seem to notice or maybe decided it wasn't worth it to try and communicate this to me with our shared vocabulary of 20 words. The women did point at my bags and say a few things but I just blinked and smiled and she shrugged and booked them to Bangkok. (Hopefully the baggage handlers who have to read the label know more English then she did.

I should be on a plane in about two hours. I will write when I get to Bangkok!

No comments:

Post a Comment