03 June, 2007

The Lovelorn Tokay Gecko

I have another geckoin my room. I thought at first that this was the same one as before after taking about a wekk to hike back. The new one is about the same size and likes the same hiding places, but after comparing photos I determined that this one is a new one.

This one, however, is a depressed tokay gecko. While the old one had a bright, confident mating call that he would make several times a night, this one has a reather pathetic mating call. He only yells out about three times a night and it has a lackluster feel to it like he's only doing it for the hell of it and doesn't really expect any females to come running. By the end of the call he sort of trails out, like he's thinking "to hell with it, this isn't going to work." I've deicided to let him stay as I feel sorry for it and can relate to it a lot more.

1 comment:

  1. Havent read ur blog in a long time!
    I find the story of lonely geiko really funny! miss ya Kimi

    ReplyDelete