10 May, 2006

Yemen!

This Monday I received a contract from the Modern Arabic Language Institute (MALI) in Sanaa, Yemen.  I had interviewed about a week ago, and I didn't want to say anything until I actually saw the paperwork.  Yup, I'm going to Yemen!

I am going to be leaving in less then a week.  My flight leaves early Tuesday morning.  I fly to LA, then (thanks to some help from Andrew, Dylan and Ram) finally found a flight that will take me to Yemen and allow me to fly in at 2 in the morning.  I am going to be teaching English in the capital, Sanaa.  I'm so excited!!!  Working and living in the Middle East has been my dream ever since Palestine, and the more I read about Yemen the more that I think that I am going to love it.

The position includes (in addition to a paycheck) accomadations, arabic lessons and paid travel with visa.  It's a dream come true, I keep waiting to wake up!  And everyone can blame Mrs. Sarah Weed, who was the one who sent me the Transitions Abroad magazine that had the advertisement in it in the first place.  (Thanks, Sarah!)

You can see the websites of where I am going to be working here:
http://www.arabicinyemen.com/
http://www.mali.com.ye/

And here is an article about MALI from the Yemen Times: MALI Takes on the Market

My contract is until December (although it sounds like I can stay).  After that... who knows?!?!?

Woo hoo Yemen!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment