03 July, 2006

Happy 4th!

Obviously, 4th of July isn't celebrated here, so I don't have any big plans. There was an embassy party last night but I couldn't get invited because it was just for important people and I guess that a drop-out Peace Corps working for a Yemense company who is contracting for a French company doesn't really qualify. Seriously, the woman on the phone just laughed at me when I asked if I could come. Well, pooey on them anyway. I will celebrate the same way I do everyday, by going to class and making fun of my government.

Anywho, here are a few more gems from the homework I graded last night:
"Since the first man put his leg on the moon, the space centure was
started."

And my favorite, from when students had to write about a best friend:
"Once I had an accident when I was traelling to Shebam. As soon as [my friend] new about that horrible accident, he came to visit me and slept with me in the hospital."

I guess that person would be my best friend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment