15 September, 2007

My Triumphant Arrival

Finally got the hell out of Chiang Mai and said goodbye to Thailand. My journey home was surreal... it was only about 15 hours by the watch. I left on the 12th and managed to travel back in time while in the air to the 11th just to have the 12th roll around again.

Anyway I am touched that you guys have been bugging me to keep up my blog even though I am in boring old America. Sioux City Iowa is truly scary in it's lack of anything to do... thank god that Sarah is here. Today we went to a chili bake off. Half of the free weekend paper is devoted to chili-based debates (beans or no beans?) and so I guess that's it's a pretty big deal here. Sure you guys want me to keep up this blog?

1 comment:

  1. Sure, why the hell not - keep the blog going so we can generally nosey in on your life like the voyeurs that we are.

    Personally, I found the beans-chilli quandry intriguing and it has inspired me to cook Arabic "fasoolya" for tonight's meal after I've been swimming.

    Do you see the benefit of it now?

    ReplyDelete