28 March, 2011

Item Donations for Haiti?

(This post is more for local people, although you non-locals are welcome to help out.)  I am in the process of gathering supplies to take to Haiti.  As I mentioned, my team leader is going to commandeer my checked luggage and most of my carry on for supplies that the Haitian people need.  All of my trip fees are for buying supplies, but it doesn't cover everything that is needed.  Therefore, if you are able to help out with supplies, let me know.

If you do want to donation, things can be either used or new.  If you have these lying around the house, great, if you want to pick up a generic bottle of acetaminophen (generic Tylenol) the next time you are at the store, even better!  All items will go directly to the Haitian people that we work with in the clinic, as well as an orphanage that is also associated with my group.


Here is a list of supplies that we still need:

nr Clinic:
washclothes (for hygiene packs)
bags of all sizes (large trash, small trash, baggie, snack, etc)
clorox wipes
non-latex gloves
peanut butter
batteries- all sizes
adult multi vitamins with and w/o iron (UNOPENED)
children's multi vitamins with and w/o iron (no gummy, they melt, also UNOPENED)
Tylenol (generic or regular, UNOPENED)
paper towels

For MTM orphanage:
combs & brushes for black hair
skin lotion
hair cream-with a tar or sulfur base if possible, these tend to repel scabbies
deodorant/antiperspirant
bath towels
kitchen towels/bar rags work best & are less expensive, can be bleached
underclothes & socks
pj type clothing
misc. clothing in good condition, modest (boys sizes 7-12, girls sizes 7-16)
accessories are always welcome-belts, purses, ties, hair foo foos, etc.

As I said, you can just give these things to me (either at work or at home) or if you are feeling really ambitious you could mail me the things if you live far away (although it would probably just be either to send me a check and a list of what you want me to buy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment